This is the first day of winter break and it snowed last night. It is slushy snow, with only about an inch, but anything is better than nothing! The rest of the US has already seen its fury this year - the Midwest had over two feet and the East coast has seen a foot. Not quite what I would like for OH, but this is OK with all here.
The week went pretty well overall. Only a few incidents - one that needed documentation, but I was pleased that the students were pretty good, at least for me anyway. We have started on the spring program for the first and second graders. I will begin kindergarten in January. I think it helped keep them focused and not squirrely since we had "work" to do! Need to remember this for next year.
Things to do during this break:
1. GET RID OF "STUFF"
2. Bake gingerbread people with Zane
3. The normal things like wrap gifts, finish buying gifts so they can be wrapped, bake cookies,
bake things for special festivities, etc.
4. CLEAN bathrooms, kitchen, and maybe closets
5. ENJOY the time off with Darin and Zane (we already went Christmas light looking last night- we thought maybe we could do it every year on the last day of school as it went really well
for all of us)
6. FIND THE TIME to stop and be thankful for all that the Lord has provided
7. Read my Bible each day!
Just a few things to do to make my life more than it is right now. I am excited about Zane as he received two tickets to a Blue Jacket's game (he and Darin will attend) and he is doing better with his staph infection. I am hoping to do some school work with him each day as he has a big assessment in January to see how they are progressing. His spelling tests are getting better again - he didn't miss any this week and I am going to see that he finishes his writing pages too!
No comments:
Post a Comment