Sunday, December 13, 2009

FIVE days until Christmas Break!

It has been a fun filled and hectic school year so far. I have had two evaluations from my new principal that were the highest marks I have ever had. A high bar to follow in the spring.

Zane passed out of level two in his swimming lessons in November and is looking forward to being in level three in January. Hopefully, he will remember how to float on his stomach!

We went to Freeman's Farm for Heritage's Harvest day celebration. It was raining, but we still had a good time riding the hay wagon, decorating a pumpkin to take home, and visiting with friends. Darin also took him trick-or-treating to some area homes. Zane dressed as Batman and also was able to wear his costume to school this year.

Harvest took a LONG time this year as October was cold and rainy. It felt more like December than October. On November 13th, the guys finally finished the popcorn and field corn. It seemed like it would never end. Connie received an award for her work at the Red Cross and got a nice clock and plaque for her efforts. We also watched Christina's dog, Moxie, while she went to CA for Thanksgiving. Zane and Moxie are now tight friends and he cried when he came home from school and realized she wasn't there. He knew I was taking her home that morning, but it didn't sink in until the reality of opening the door and no dog. He did a good job watching her and playing with her, so MAYBE we might get a dog next summer. We will see as it is a big responsibility for all. Zane was hit with a staph infection on Sunday, December 6th, but we didn't take him for a diagnosis until Wednesday. We were surprised it was that serious, but we are glad he is on antibiotics for ten days and the clorine baths are drying up the infected areas.

We have a busy five days ahead, with an early staff meeting that I need to bring muffins to, take Zane to the dentist for his sealant, El Vaquero's for North staff party, staff breakfast at North, and a desperately needed haircut for me! Darin went to Bill's for the annual financial forecast, which is pretty bad. I am hoping we can find a new pickup for Darin to help alleviate the tax situation.

Also, unfortunately, Rosemary's father passed away. I am so sad for her. This will be a difficult holiday for them, but I know he is in good hands. I took a half personal day to go to the calling hours since it was the day before the concert. She was really holding up well-Tom is a dearheart.

We are looking forward to the end of 2009, with lots of festivities and fun! Connie is having the new year's party at her house with the Long's. Still need to send out Christmas cards, finish wrapping and getting presents, and even decorate. I cannot find the suction cups to hang the lights on the windows-it is driving me crazy!

Here's to 2010-Darin turns forty and we will have known each other for ten years! I am so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment