Friday, February 11, 2011

H-E-double toothpicks!

Even though it has been FRIDGID outside with temperatures of 0, it has been a week under pressure! It seems like everything is going down the drain, for everyone. Almost bad news, becomes worse news, which then becomes unbearable. It isn't just one person I know but several, including in my own family.

I have to be careful what I say about Kasich as Darin's family is rather protective. The man is a moron and even if he actually does balance the state of Ohio's finances, he is going to run the rest of us out of the state, a job, or both. I am nervous about my teaching career especially when I have started on my masters, but it will be what it will be.

On a positive note, Darin, Mary and Tom, and myself, are going out to eat at White Castle in Westerville for Valentine's Day. I made the reservations for four and we were the last folks to make it at that location. I found out that they have hired a piano player to play live music there and it usually is a full house. I am looking forward to it, although surprisingly, Darin is shocked that I would want to go to White Castle on Valentine's Day. I thought it would be a nice way to visit with Tom and Mary and enjoy a "cheap" meal. Plus, we all like the menu. I am hoping Darin will have a good time regardless:)

Just a note about Elsie. Janice called and said Elsie had a stroke on Monday and that they have been up here since Tuesday helping Elsie recover and be advocates for her at the hospital. She is at Mt. Carmel East, which is where Dad usually goes, and they seem to like it. Elsie appears to be recovering nicely and is going to the same rehab that Edna is at in Canal. They are going to get her settled in tomorrow and then plan on coming up one weekend a month from now on. Bob also came in from CA. Dennis and Janice are leaving on Monday, but Cathy will be coming up next weekend by herself to see Elsie.

No comments:

Post a Comment