Sunday, January 23, 2011

Music analysis . . . or psycho analysis?

This class is going to kill me. It is so far above me and the things that I use with my teaching. BrianH, thankfully, is tutoring/coaching me. We met yesterday and he went over some of my harmonic progressions and form analysis just so I could check where I was and if I was heading in the right direction. I believe it truly helped, although I don't know what I received on my test from last night. We will see if I moved up at all:)

It also helped to sign onto WIMBA and meet during the professor's office hours. I had difficulties and telephoned in first, but someone said to bypass the set up wizard and they were right! I was able to enter the room and use the headset and ask him questions and listen to others questions. He also headed us on the right direction for the scores and helped with some questions that may or may not be on the test. I really feel like I might have recevied a decent grade.

Zane is pushing buttons left and right. He wouldn't eat his corn last night, so he lost ice cream priviledges for a week. That means until next Sunday, January 30th! Maybe it will sink in about eating vegetables and that they are different than fruit. We have to start getting him to eat less sweets anyway, so this is a good start even if it was a "punishment."

We started back with his tutor and I am so thankful. Darin and I just don't see eye to eye on his education and having Zane see a tutor has really helped, not just my sanity, but his retention as he is doing academically better. Grades go out next week and I am hoping they are better. His teacher is taking him to the IAT meeting either this week or next and I am curious about their recommendations.

Darin goes Thursday for his carpal tunnel surgery. I will need to take a half day and since we had a day off for snow, it works out great as I won't miss any of the classes I need to teach for the concerts in March! Just need to remember to put in the paperwork and I MUST FINISH GRADE CARDS TODAY so I have time to study for next week's test and essay!

I also need to exercise and clean the house so it is somewhat presentable!

No comments:

Post a Comment