Sunday, May 25, 2014

Time to slow way down!

So, even though I purchased the more expensive Aasics model and ran my first 5K of the year in them, when I just run a little bit, and then do Super Games, everything breaks.  My hip hurt, my right leg hurt, my foot hurts to walk on, and I call the doctor.  Plantar Fasciitis.  No running for four to six weeks, exercises to help, frozen water bottle to roll foot on several times a day, no flats, no flip flops.  Wow.  And I will still limp, have trouble getting going in the morning, but I do get a heavier prescription for the pain than otc Aleve.  I also need to call the dermotologist about the big toe maybe having warts again.



Then, on top of all that, I wake up with a splitting headache, eat breakfast, which I then puke.  Slept most of the day and the next.  Just plain worn out.  Although I prefer getting older to the alternative, the body certainly does let you know when it is done.  And the funny thing is, the body means it.  Just need to get thru the last days with students and one more with adults to checkout for the summer.  Wow, just wow.  Must be exhaustion in its new form.  Going to have to slow down and listen more closely if I want to do the things I want to do.  Much more moderation than even before this happened.

So glad we have Monday off.  Parade in the AM to watch the boy and then gimp around, maybe some more sleeping.  It will be good to remember the past tomorrow and reflect.

June is coming thankfully.


No comments:

Post a Comment