Tuesday, June 9, 2009

School's Out for Summer!

It is officially the first day of summer vacation. Although, I am not on vacation yet. Zane has basketball camp this week, VBS and swimming lessons next week, and swim lessons the following week. Grandma's big bash is that weekend and I am already stressing about it.

It has been a hectic end of the school year without much closure. I am officially checked out of both buildings, but I still haven't checked out mentally. I still need to call Rettig about the time for West to have their band fittings and I am determined to get some lesson planning done this summer.

I must say that at least I am off to a good start. Zane is signed up for the summer reading program at the county library and I have finished two out of three books in a trilogy by Blue Balliett. The first, Chasing Vermeer, had me hooked as it was quick and easy reading. I have actually managed to read almost three books in two weeks. A world record since Zane was born. For juvenille fiction, they are pretty good. Has comparisons to the DaVinci Code, but I haven't read that, just heard about it.

The main goal for the summer is to exercise everyday and also to have Zane do some sort of "school work" so that he doesn't lose anything over the summer. His speech teacher gave us a detailed assignment and the kindergarten teacher also sent home a packet. I am hoping that he not only retains his year of learning, but maybe will improve upon what has been established.
I have started today with a walk around the back forty, but am also hoping to get another walk down to Baker and back when Darin gets home. Tomorrow will be biking and hopefully get an alternating schedule set up for the rest of the summer.

One more JOB for the summer is to PURGE big time! Get rid of Zane's baby stuff, get rid of my STUFF, and clean out the clothes, school items, and maybe Christmas things. Perhaps then I can start doing some scrapbooking and putting things in order. A tall order for sure, but I am hoping to be more disciplined this summer and actually check different things off my list.

Other silly to do items:
1. get eyes and ears checked
2. clean closets/laundry room
3. doing the doctor appointments
4. paint living room
5. get vacation planned to beach
6. get some Christmas shopping done
7. make plates for Christmas
8. enjoy each day:)

No comments:

Post a Comment