Fall 2016 was one like no other.
We lost Grandma Smith, Aunt Elizabeth White, Aunt Ruth Skinner, and two local farming community members, Shirley Thurston and Merrill *Pinky* Sheets. Quite overwhelming at times.
In September, the Ohio Country Journal published a piece about Hardscrabble Farms, and Gary wrote a significant portion of Matt Reese's article. Below is a short video that accompanied the article:
Hardscrabble Farms 2016
Zane played on his 8th grade football team and is thinking about joining the wrestling team. It has been good for him to be more active and also increase his friendships at school. He is still growing like a weed and is now in a size 13 shoe, hopefully for a little while longer.
The guys started harvest on September 2nd, but finished on October 18th just in time for Grandma Smith's funeral. God does have a plan for everything and even in this time of loss, we were able to see His hand in so many areas of our lives.
School has been unsettling and I am trying to still get my footing. Too many changes to keep up with and we are all under the hammer. It will be interesting to see how this new school actually comes out, but I don't have my hopes up too much. Found the HS auditorium's VCR tape and I still can't believe it has almost been twenty years ago. Let Barry borrow it for viewing over the winter break. He didn't know I played clarinet. It wasn't too bad. Boy, was that opening an undertaking. We really do need to start planning now for West's closing ceremony!
Looking forward to 2017 with hope. Everything still seems to be going too fast, but I am learning to enjoy the journey and process a little better.
No comments:
Post a Comment