Slowly things have been getting done. I have gone to Once Upon a Child and received more than $100 for the baby items and things that are child related that we needed to get rid of, including the bike trailer. It is so difficult to part with some of these thinngs, but I am finally working through the sentimentalism and emotions. The basement looks better and I have EMPTY plastic bins!
Kent State University sent an email this summer about their online masters of music program. After little discussion, I have applied for enrollment beginning this fall. I am excited that this seems like a doable option that won't take forever. I have all the forms and items into their hands and am waiting to hear if I made the cut. The best part is that there isn't any performing, jury, or thesis required. The last class is a summary or capstone of my experiences, exploration, and discovery during the masters program. I should be graduating in Spring 2012!
The pool has been a welcome addition this year, although the kids can't quit fighting when they are in it. The water is warm enough to jump in without too much hesitancy and is clear. I found a sweeper for the crud on the bottom that works by attaching the water hose. A definite necessity! The boys want their birthday party to include the pool, so we are having a combined gathering with kids from their class at school, plus the usual family friends. Connie is having the grandparents over the night before so the older generation doesn't have to deal with the heat or rowdiness. I am hoping that it will go well and that maybe we can do it again, just not every year:)
Looking forward to time away at the Outer Banks. All the hotels are booked and I am working on cleaning the house and getting the car and luggage ready. Connie said she would have Grant get the mail and newspaper and feed the cat. Don't forget to change the litter box, just in case!
No comments:
Post a Comment