Monday, July 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Month

I am now officially 44 and can't imagine how this happened. I really need to quit looking at the numbers and focus on each day and enjoying that moment fully as it happens. I have so many blessings in my life that it boggles my mind sometimes. It also helps push away the unhappy and misguided thoughts that bring me down. Darin is a wonderful human being, man, husband, father, teacher,and friend. Zane is growing into a nice little boy who can show compassion and love. It is a challenge to raise a well rounded individual, but we are trying. Darin's patience is amazing and I am so fortunate to be parenting with him even though we bring different aspects to the table.

Christina gave me a great time with her time last night. Stayed out way past my bedtime, but got caught up on a lot of her life this year. It had been too long since we just talked. She has grown so much as a musician-I was thrilled to hear her play the drums! WOW! I was thoroughly impressed. Practice is possible as an adult. It was nice to meet Wahru and see them together. The chocolate cake at Max and Erma's was to die for and it was a lovely evening to see The Tempest at Schiller Park in German Village. So great of her to block out that chunk of time for me on my birthday.

Looking forward to Friday at the new Huntington Park to see the Columbus Clippers with the family. Darin and I got tickets from Connie and Brian to see the Columbus Pops concert with the OSU marching band on August 1st, and Zane is staying at grandma's house overnight. August is jury duty month for the United States District Court in Columbus, so we will see if I get seated. Should be interesting if not dull.

No comments:

Post a Comment